Number of Positions Available: 2
Posting Date: 15 Nov 2017
Closing Date: 01 Feb 2018
Columbus Networks is a family of on-line e-recruitment services uniting education employers with teachers, administrators, and support staff. In operation since 1996, Columbus is an industry leader which operates within the Australian, Canadian and U.S. education systems. Expansion into other markets is in progress and as a result, we are looking for an individual who can help us reach our goals.
Columbus Networks Corporation is currently seeking to adding to our team. We are looking for a eSales / Product Representative. This position will focus on selling some of our speciality e-recruiting products and advertising services. One of the areas of focus will be selling banner advertising on our Canadian education job board, Education Canada Network. This opportunity has been developed to be an entry position.
Skills and Requirements
The following skills are required by the incumbent to be successful in this position.
- Recognize sales opportunities and close a deal
- Comfortable with talking on the phone and making cold calls
- Ability to identify opportunities, develop an action plan and implement the plan
The following are characteristics which will ensure success in this position for the incumbent.
- Goal focused
- Driven to succeed
- Flexible and adaptive
- Willingness to be open and learn
- Patient and understanding
The following requirements are what Columbus Networks is seeking from the individual who will take this position.
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience, preferably, but not necessary, in selling online advertising or special event products.
- Some experience in organizing, implementing and coordinating special events.
- Highly comfortable using the Internet and its associated tools.
The following are other requirements what Columbus Networks is seeking from the individual who will take this position.
These are only preferred requirements, not possessing them will not exclude an individual from being considered for the vacancy.
- Experience working in the Education sector
- Bilingual (English and French)
Columbus Networks offer the following compensation package.
- Annual salary
- Generous commission structure which has opportunity for unlimited income potential.
- This is a Monday to Friday full-time position.
- Hours will be 8 am to 5 pm or 7am to 4pm.
- Position will be based in Kelowna.
- Two weeks, paid vacation.
Please submit a resume, along with a brief statement outlining the enduring qualities and traits that you will bring to our company.
Please submit the requested information to Contact or fax to 866.469.0927. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.